These days vapor fireplaces have become more common in modern households due to various reasons. The top reason behind choosing vapor fireplace is that they are easy to clean and maintained in comparison to traditional ones which rely on wood.
The great news is that you have the option to convert the old traditional fireplace into a completely ventless one.
A few important suggestions are provided below.
Fuel for the vapor fireplace
- As the vapor fireplace does not use a chimney, you should consider using a fuel rather than wood. You can either have an electric vapor fireplace, a natural gas or propane fireplace, and the most popular one which is a gel fuel fireplace.
- All these fuels can be used for vapor fireplace; however, the gel fuel based type is one of the popular options which you can install at your home.
- One of the most considered features is safety, and vapor fireplaces are the safest.
- The fireplace has oxygen depletion sensors, but it is better to switch off before you are leaving to avoid any harsh circumstances.
- You have the option to choose fireplace inserts as well as installing permanent ones.
- The permanent ones once installed are challenging to move easily while if you install the inserts, they can be detached whenever required.
- The vapor fireplaces are the most affordable option for you as they are cost-effective.
- You can buy them from home improvement outlets or opt for an online purchase as they are readily available.